Never say never...

Never say never.

I will never go to college. 
(King College in Bristol, TN 2002-2006)

I will never teach elementary school in the United States. (Charlotte, North Carolina, 2006-2009)

I will never teach at a private Christian school.
(SouthLake Christian Academy 2006-2009)

I will never teach 2nd grade. (I actually said in my interview, "anything but 2nd")
(2007-2009)

I will never teach expats, I want local kids. 
 (CCS, my school in Egypt, served primarily expat kids)

I will never be in school administration. 
(assistant principal at CCS)

I will never understand people's preference to home school.    
(I trained and advocated for moms to home school in Egypt, Fall 2011)

I will never move back to Washington state. 
(Dec 15, 2012)

I will never live with my parents again, cause I am an independent adult. 
(Dec 2011-2012)

I will never prefer teaching adults over kids. 
(now I can't imagine not teaching adults)

I especially will not move back to the Middle East unmarried.  
(umm...more on this later as things continue to unfold)

I will never...well, some aren't blog post appropriate ;)

Oh dear...

:) 





Comments

  1. Loved this list... it was comforting and funny at the same time, reminding me of our thoughts and God's plans. Ours--the best laid plans of mice and men. I was thinking about this today because Rama posted on FB that I was never coming back and I felt that was a bit strong. Who knows where God will call my heart and life. Anything can happen. So I may say that I don't think I'm coming back, but God may see otherwise. But, like you, I desire most to give into the call instead of my own desires, letting my desires line up with his and those that don't fall away. Thanks for posting today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts