Many people I know are suffering.  And my struggles seem quite small, in comparison. But pain is deep, their longings pure, but their faith stands firm, proving God's faithfulness in their examples to me. I wrote a piece, with them in mind. God is so good, in how He reminds us of His care, and brings about strength in the right moments, and through the right people.  As I think through the terrors some are facing, I see His glory, and thank Him for His presence with His children.

I dedicate this poem to some strong warriors who demonstrate spirit filled courage. 


------------------------------------------------------------------

A few words were spoken, and my world was broken.
My heart was shattered like glass.

I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat
Couldn't find tears to weep...

Hiding under a mask.

What do you say when you can't even pray? When your faith takes flight soaring away?
When the rock you're set upon, shifts and is gone, and you're anything but okay?

Speechless now the norm, for when fighting a storm
The soul craves a break from feeling
Your mind puts up walls, for processing the calls
Requiring you to start healing

What do you say when you don't want to pray
When your God feels like a stranger?
When the truth you once knew, takes part in destroying you? Breaking trust, igniting new danger

Pain with morning sun, your peaceful dreams now done...
and a new day of lingering dread
Hope lost in your past,  how long will this last?
The joy you once knew, now dead

What do you say when you're ready to pray.... 
but confusion of His will strikes you silent?
You look up and cry,  My Father God WHY? 
Human emotion turned fragile and violent 

What did He say, that dark Good Friday, when all sin upon Him fell?
When God turned His face,  knowing sin...
choosing grace...saving you from eternity in Hell 

Dark forces now shattered, but Jesus was battered, 
His love for the Father... our story
His pain for our gain, as His blood left the stain 
of eternal forgiveness...His glory

What did He say? What did Christ say....
would we care had we been there to hear it?
When He chose not His will, as they sought to kill... 
stating 
"Father, into Your hands I commit my Spirit."  












Comments

Popular Posts