2021: The Year of the Gut

Gains vs losses. It’s easy. So logically speaking, it shouldn’t be this hard to put everything into its clearly defined box labeled as good or bad…positive or negative…dangerous or safe. But wisdom is knowing when your heart is busy feeling.

But what can you really know? 
I knew it was a risk, but I did it anyway.
I knew my gut was off, but I explained it away. 
I knew what suspicious looked, felt and tasted like…but I challenged my own intellect. 
Did I really know? I did. I knew.
Do you ever wish you didn’t have such strong intuition about things? That the pit in your stomach was just the remnants of a paranoid, jaded overthinker? But our mind never stops studying for the test of life…
and whether we intend to or not, we learn people.
Even though every person is unique, one can’t help but draw connections between the patterns experienced over time. There are rhythms we lock into without even realizing it. Subconsciously, our minds automatically connect the dots between the norms it constantly absorbs, and what you see, experience, hear, thus feel.  As a result, you are both producing and receiving those human patterns and systems, even though it is unintentional. We are not as mysterious as we wish we were, words can only hide so much. But you are effortlessly more intelligent than you realize.
Sometimes, we let our desires and emotions assist in drawing conclusions that the gut pushes back on.  Its role is to protect. It ignites the senses in your body to alert the mind that a vulnerability is pending. So when that happens, stand guard.
When you struggle to relax, feel your shoulders tighten and your stomach muscles clench, that’s your biological response to truth. That’s the physiological alarm bells that you need re-assess. Listen to your body. 

Comments

Popular Posts