Thank you. I am in awe of the support received this past week.

Thank you for praying for me, my family and for choosing to stay in the loop.

It means a lot.

I likely will not be posting regular updates, but as many things are being determined this week, I wanted to make you aware of where I am at.

Why? Because I need your prayers…for my body, my mind, and my family.

Last week, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. As of right now, we know it has spread to a lymphatic system, but it won’t be until next week that I will know if it has traveled elsewhere. After a thorough scanning of the bones, internal organs, and lungs, we will likely have the answers we need.

The other big part of this is the genetic testing. Why? Because I have 3 full blooded sisters and 4 biological nieces. If it comes back that I have the BRCA gene then this will likely result in an invasive and difficult surgery. Regardless, some type of surgery is inevitable.

When I meet with my oncologist next week and receive the test results, she will be able to provide me with the recommended treatments plan. I need to be ready for chemo, hormone therapy, and potentially radiation. This is a lot.

I welcome all prayers. Thank you again.

Comments

Popular Posts