They say to count your blessings. I can assure you, I am doing it, and it certainly makes a difference. 

Even as I sit here writing this, my hands are shaking from the aftermath of treatment this week. In all honesty, I forget about this part until it sets in and I struggle holding a pen or successfully typing an email. 

At dinner last night, my new fav Thai dish tasted off. It is only a matter of time before taste is gone and the mouth starts burning. At least I know what to expect, the order the side effects typically occur in, and how long they'll last. But the mouth issues are by far the worst. 

However, my baby sister is in town, and has been the sweetest distraction. So as my eyebrows are now a thing of the past, and I am sure my eyelashes are not far behind...I thank God for the joy. 

I never knew the kind of peace I am currently experiencing. It's peace I never even knew pre-cancer. 

My life is not my own, and somehow there is freedom in that. It's a strange feeling of surrender.

So what are some of these blessings?

My heart test came back-no issues. It is functioning like normal.

My liver is responding to the new chemo dosage, beautifully

Amdist all this, I found a local church, and they have come alongside me from my first day I visited

Friends and family from all over the country have been visiting and staying with me through treatment cycles

Work has been incredible and accommodating

God has remained steadfast...He is so good.

One more chemo treatment to go, then surgery, then radiation, then immunal therapy will continue. 

Don't get me wrong, this is still so hard, but my faith is growing and the peace is gift. 

One step at a time.

Thank you for the prayers. 


Comments

Popular Posts