Morning glory where are you? I seek that I may find, 
a patient leading hand, and gentle peace of mind. 
My fears of Your silence, and my prayers for Your will
challenge my faith to deepen, remaining firmly still

Morning glory I can't find You. 
Your face from me You hide
I struggle to feel Your presence, 
not trusting Thee by my side


 You ordained confusion to linger, 
calling faith to set the stage
Ignoring the start of anger?
beginning yet another page

Morning glory are You able? 
I fear that I might drown.
Without your arms around me
I fall to the ground. 

Morning glory I strive to know You
But see that I was wrong
In my perception of Your beauty
that to You it all belongs

Morning glory it was hidden, 
Your voice which once was sought
The purpose of Your plan,
was nothing more than my own thought

Morning glory I don't know You,
my heart and mind divided
But trust Thy ways in spite of
pain with fear collided

Now daily I fear Thy will
you stripped me bare to bone
Nothing do I long for
Nothing do I own

Not even my own purpose 
Is clear for me to grasp
You hold it from my fingers
so not to selfishly clasp

The story that you tell
The pages You are writing
Is not for me to mess with
or struggle with still fighting

Morning glory it's not about me
the pain, the curse, Thy will
I don't always accept Thy wisdom,
But squirm to trust Thee still

Morning glory You are able
in owning this messy life
Igniting a deep new passion 
restoring a heart of strife

Morning glory I can't see You
but hidden You are not
The power of Your glory 
Deters my eyes to stop

Don't you see what's happening?
His glory is the pain
So bright we keep from seeing,
but a purpose we will gain.

Morning glory You are shining
so clear, so white, so pure
But blinded you wish to keep us
with strength so we can endure

The puzzle slowly softens
As pieces match in line
Painting for us the picture
that mystery is Your design

Being blinded by Your glory
Our sight quite overrated 
As you seek to rescue,
the broken, dead and jaded.


Morning glory You remind me 
One thing I know for sure
That seeing is not believing
But a hindrance to the cure 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this poem in representation of a lesson I am struggling with grasping. That His glory often comes in the form of pain. It is bright, and at times unable to be seen, but it doesn't mean it's not there...right where it is supposed to be the whole time...blinding us. When we can't see clearly, it forces us to trust. 

 
I know the context is quite different...but this verse is interesting in how it fits this blog post.


 Exodus 16:6b-7a
In the evening you will know that it was the Lord who brought you out of Egypt, and in the morning you will see 
the glory of the Lord...
















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts