Down to my last days before my pre-field training and departure abroad.  As I finalize details and make the appropriate arrangements, I reflect on this past year. Coming back to the States from Egypt, I never would have anticipated the intensity of events waiting  for me. Although it has been my toughest year, it also had some sweet elements that assisted me throughout the chaos. Below are some pics that make me smile from 2012.
My nieces and nephews

Planning a Cairo reunion to the Grand Canyon with Beth
Watching my sister Mary being a mama
Skyping Egypt


Playing Auntie (Juliet)
Outrageous prices on produce in the America!

Seeing sweet Cairo through a screen




Roadtrip down south

The birth of my nephew Jimmy

Another language to add to the mix!

Portland's amazing lunch carts

Christmas Eve with some of my little ones

Christmas at home

Watching Jimmy grow

It was time to take the plunge and get one

oh i love this city

Watching my little bro grow into a man (pictured with our dad)

Time with my sisters (Mary, Christy, Lindy, Emily)

Taking out some frustration

Just like her auntie

Cairo reunion in LA with Carolyn and Fadia

Fishing with my brother

My parents

The Grand Canyon

Fadia

Sisters

Getting to witness this girl getting married was unlike anything

:)


Crater Lake with our students
 Fun co-workers (Candy and I)
 Jeremy...a thinker who challenges me

family

Christy Robb came to WASHINGTON state

Smartboard in my classroom

Family vacations I get to once again be part of

Sophia's first birthday

My Korean students learning about Islam

International community


Uptown M Conference

Best buds out for a night of art and wine

Cairo reunion in Savannah, GA

SO TRUE

My mama is a grandma

Powells Bookstore's EGYPT section



Train ride to Montana
Crabbing on the Oregon Coast with coworkers

Egyptian food cart



My family


Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE that you did this. You have had such an amazing time and you being here has made me so wonderfully happy. Thank you for being such a perfect example, and such a fun, wise, inspiring friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts