Training Week

Last week, the dreaded goodbyes finally arrived. The week prior to my departure,  I struggled sleeping well, managing my time effectively, and relaxing. Feeling an intense sense of guilt for once again leaving my loved ones, I pushed aside any sort of emotion, and especially tried to avoid reflecting over the past year. I know the time will come when I will need to do that, but there is so much I am dealing with internally right now, I needed to be on guard emotionally. A new chapter ahead, I boarded my flight. 

I arrived at our International Headquarters for a 10 day training prior to my departure.

I was totally unaware of my ignorance of this place...but I couldn't be happier to be part of an organization like Samaritan's Purse. To put it simply, it all comes back to integrity. This organization has high standards of how they serve the needy both domestically and abroad, and how they live out their faith before others and God. They are very intentional and critical in their decision making process to see to it that they are good stewards of every penny, and making the most of the opportunities God places before them.

Arriving at International Headquarters last week, I quickly learned how huge this place is! 500 staff work here, and we have thousands more around the states and the world. Here are some pics from this week that will give you a glimpse of what this organization is about, and how serving people is at the heart of what they do. I had no idea all the buildings, cubicles, offices, managers, VPs, and support staff it took to run this place. And that isn't counting the thousand of volunteers. I am amazed, stunned, and feeling overwhelmed on many levels. Being selected to join this work is a dream. I can only pray I am used for His glory in how I live out my life through it. 

Here's a little behind the scenes glance...

My life in boxes once again,,,,

My station waiting for me when I arrived...

This is where we had our orientation training. Seven days of meetings and presentations.
 

 One of our trucks being loaded with supplies...
Operation Christmas Child

Where we process some of the shoe boxes


Medical supplies

A crate getting packed to be shipped across the Atlantic.







Comments

Popular Posts