Still waiting. Yesterday, I went in for chemo, but my liver was not quite ready. I am a planner, and this is stretching me. So work meetings have been re-scheduled, my sister Emily's visit pushed back another week, girls weekends postponed, and another week of waiting. But I am okay. I would rather my Oncologist play it safe with my liver. She also made the decision to decrease my dosage by 20%, which I am hoping will lessen the side effects. They are lasting longer, and new ones are popping up. Again, thankful for antother week of tasting food ;) 

My friend, Christy, came in from Charlotte to take me to chemo. She and I taught together in Charlotte when I lived there 2006-2009.  It was two Tuesdays back to back with her, but no treatment. Instead, there was a lot of laughter and catching up. I needed the sweet distraction, and she was the perfect remedy to calm the stress of it all. Her 3 year old son, sent me with Paw Patrol bandages and the nurse was happy to use one after the blood draw. 


Please continue to pray for my body and my mind through the chaos. In two weeks they will check my heart to see if the chemo is damaging it. This is something I am trying not to fixate on, but there are moments that my mind can wander a down a dark path. Trusting the soverign plan over it all. Thankful for each and every prayer sent up.

Thank you. 


Comments

Popular Posts