Next steps, New Realities

Chemo is officially over....well except for the last few days of side effects. But we'll call it a win. 

Two days later, scans were being done to determine if the cancer had responded well to the chemo. It had. Glorious. But we are not out of the woods...not yet.

I will spare you all the details, but what I had anticipated would be a simple surgery is no longer the plan. Although the cancer has shrunk, the degree to which I am in the clear is still a little gray.  There are some additional factors that have come to light, leading me to decide on the more invasive procedure that I had not been planning on. Thankfully, I have a sweet friend who is a surgical PA traveling in from out of state to be with me the week of surgery. Recovery won't be easy, but we're almost done. 

The biggest concern I currently have is the situation around my lymph nodes. The hope is to remove the original 3 that tested positive for cancer...and no more. But I won't know until after surgery what else is found, and what occurred as a result. Please pray for this. Losing additional lymph nodes is currently my biggest source of anxiety.

Surgery is tentatively scheduled for April 24th. Then we will plan for radiation. 

Thank you for your support. Thank you for praying. 



Comments

Popular Posts