Yesterday, I had my surgery. And guess what? There was no sign of any cancer in any of the tissue tested, thanks to successful chemo treatments. However, they are testing the tissue further just to be sure. 

If cancer is detected, the remaining lymph nodes in that area will need to be removed. This makes me nervous due to the fact I am already at high risk for lymphedema, because they had to remove more lymph nodes than originally planned. This is what I am most concerned about, and should know in about a week. 

Also, Saturday morning I woke up with deep back pain on my left side, making it hard to walk. It is on the same side as my surgery wounds, so the left side of my body just hurts. Would you please pray? 

Overall, I am incredibly grateful for the results of my surgery. The reconstruction component could not have gone better and both surgeons were excited for the results of how everything looked. There were some potential complications that we did not end up facing. :)

I have been given pain medication to keep things under control, and I’m feeling stronger and more clearheaded than anticipated. My wonderful friend Jody, who is a Surgical PA, is here taking care of me this week. What a blessing. So much to be thankful for.

Next, radiation.

Thank you so much for praying. I appreciate you. 

Comments

Popular Posts