Short Photo Journal...It's the small things...

Tired of my heavy blog entries lately? Me too. This one is different.

 Okay, so I am going on 6 months of the 1 year I promised Mama and Papa Seifert I would stay with them...What has that time looked like? Why don't you take a peek...

Below is a photo journal of the simple, everyday things I am so very grateful for, due to being near my family again, and living daily life with them...at least for a little while. Enjoy...

Okay woops! Before I get started, let me explain. The pic above is me completely in my element...a pack on my back...in the middle of some foreign adventure (I think this was in Israel). Basically, an example of me doing what I love more than anything. Now, the pics posted below are a switch. God called me away from my "comfort zone" for a while, to come home. Being near family for an extended period of time is brand new to me, cause I haven't "lived it" in a ten years. Here are some examples of the typical (but not so normal for me) things I am not taking for granted...and loving getting to experience for now. 

The captions for each pic are below it...


Shortly after my arrival home, I headed down south for a 5 week road trip, visiting "my community" all throughout the southern region where I had lived for 7 years prior to my move to Egypt. When I left in January for this trip, I was at a peak of some painful experiences emotionally, but was deeply ministered to and cared for by some incredible people I visited during my travels. That was my rental car...a safe haven...and a "good friend" where a lot of tears and verbal processing took place. The trip began in DC and continued throughout Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

This was the street I lived off of for 2 of my 3 years living in Charlotte, NC. Crazy, right? :)

This pic was taken on a birthday beach trip. We got stranded for several days and went a little in sane. This is a shot of us feeding the birds and my sister Mary screamin!  I can't believe I lived away from her for so long...


These are my feet, above. I let my BFF's three year old daughter Lilah, paint my toes. It's nice that she sees me enough now to know who I am. :) 

Above, is my niece Sophia. I was in Egypt when she was born last July. It's been sweet to get to know her and watch her grow. I didn't have this luxury with my other nieces and nephews when they were babies. 


Above are my nieces Aubrey and Juliet. Most of our interaction has been via Skype...which I was so thankful for...but it's nice to know them in the flesh too. 

This first pic above is my sister Lindy when she was VERY pregnant with her son Jimmy. I was privileged to be around to walk through about half of this pregnancy with her...and was able to go to some doctor appointments with her too...a learning experience for me since I haven't had my own babies yet. Then, the night of the baby's birth...also something I always missed in the past. I had gotten used to waiting on the phone call to hear that the babies had been born...this time, it was different.  


 Being an auntie is a very important job :). I get to just have fun with them...


 Morning exercises with my niece Juliet....



Last minute random road trips with my daddy...



I never realized how gorgeous my home state was...



During the time I am back here in the States, I am missing important people and events in other places. Like for example, above are Marwa and Beth at Marwa's engagement party in Cairo...but if you look closely, you can see me in the pic too. I am on the i-phone, being skyped in for the event! Super sweet of Marwa to include me. 


Umm, I was so happy here cause I was out of the boat! If you notice the choppy water, you can imagine how lovely it was paddling up stream. My buddy Carolyn, (one of my besties during my time in Egypt), hosted me at her home in Savannah, GA., and graciously ended our excursion out in the water early. One of us wasn't really making much progress... :) The highlight of course  was reconnecting with Carolyn, Stateside...living on the other side of the country from her rather than a short taxi ride away has not been fun. :(

Remember that time your 2nd grade teacher called you up four years later and was like, "I am in town and I want to see you?" HA! Yep, I did that to this one...it amazes me that he is now taller than me. Some kids just leave a mark on your heart. This kid is going to change the world...I am just waiting for it.



Yes, this is a pic I took of myself. But why? Cause now that I am near my fam, I can send texts like the one that went with this pic, to my sister Lindy. It went something like, "Hey Lindy, here is a pic of that scarf I was telling you about...like it? If so, I can bring it by tonight." See? Now that is such a treat for me to be able to see my sisters whenever I want.

                                           Umm.. YES.




 Planning my next adventure...a few weeks away. British gal pal Beth, an incredible friend who I spent a lot of time with in Egypt, is meeting me in Phoenix and we are taking this on. :)


So that's what it's been like for me these past few months, just getting reacquainted with my family, and trying to take advantage of being near them for the time being. It's the small things that have been so good to me.



Comments

Popular Posts